The Society was initiated by Liu Xingji, Cai Wuji, Cheng Shaojiong, Luo Qingsheng, Wang Zhaolin, Shen Jiucheng, Chen Yinyun, etc. It was established in Nanjing in July 1936. The first chairman was Cai Wuji. When the Anti-Japanese War broke out in 1937, they learned to stop their activities. Activities resumed in 1942. It ceased its activities from 1966 to 1977. In 1978, a member congress was held jointly with the Chinese Agricultural Society in Taiyuan, resulting in the 6th Council. On March 5, 1985, with the consent of the China Association for Science and Technology and the approval of the State Economic Restructuring Commission, the Society was restored to a national society and joined the China Association for Science and Technology in the same year. The meeting place of the society is located in Beijing. The previous directors are Cai Wuji, Chen Zhichang, Chen Lingfeng, Cheng Shaojiong, Chen Yaochun, Wu Changxin, Chen Huanchun and Huang Lusheng. Currently, they are the 14th Council.
Chinese Journal of Animal Husbandry, Chinese Journal of Veterinary Medicine, Journal of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Medicine, Journal of Animal Nutrition, Jownal of Animal Science and Biotechnology, Animal Nwtrition
Journals not managed by cast
Pig Industry Observation, Northern Animal Husbandry, Chinese Journal of Veterinary Medicine, Chinese Cattle Industry Science
China Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Association Award